Wilber, Neb., Mar. 15—During a moving picture show in the opera house, the films took fire and the electrical transformer was exploded, causing a fire panic. The audience made a rush for the entrance, choking it up, and a number were injured, none, it is thought, seriously. The opera house was not much damaged.
The Alliance Herald (Alliance, NE) Thursday, March 18th, 1909
DENVER, Jan. 14—Without having regained consciousness, Edith Clapper, the fourteen-year-old high school girl who sent a bullet into her brain Monday afternoon, died at the county hospital last night. The girl shot herself while in a fit of despondency.
Miss Clapper was the second girl to commit suicide by shooting here within a week, Margaret Stewart having ended her life with a bullet last Sunday.
The Wyoming State Tribune (Cheyenne, WY) Wednesday, January 14th, 1920
Monday morning John Childs met with a serious accident near George Ferris’ ranch in Carbon County. He was out about a mile from the ranch when his horse began to pitch. He was wearing a loose pistol belt, with the hammer of the pistol resting upon a cartridge. The point of the pistol turned up, the hammer of the pistol struck onthe cantle of the saddle, exploding the cartridge, the bullet entering at the point of the right shoulder blade, coming out at the top of the shoulder, completely shattering the bone at the shoulder joint. He was brought to Rawlins and is receiving every attention at the residence of his brother-in-law, Hon. George Ferris.
The Black Diamond (Carbon, WY) Thursday, May 3rd, 1891
Butte has a dentist who pulls teeth for the pleasure of causing pain.
The Sioux County Journal (Harrison, NE) Thursday, January 7th, 1897
While the little son of M. A. Kieff, living near Rushville, was in the act of unharnessing an ox, the animal was struck and killed by lightning. The boy was severely shocked, but is apparently as well as ever.
The Western Nebraska Observer (Kimball, NE) Thursday, May 22nd, 1890
ABDALLA STORE ROBBED
Last Saturday night the M. S. Abdalla store was entered from a back window and twenty suits and ten overcoats were carried off, as well as sufficient number of grips in which to pack the clothes.
The store was open until after 11 o’clock and the robbing was done after that time. They evidently took their time, as there was many burned matches on the floor where they had packed the clothes into the stolen grips.
During the fire a short time ago, the firemen broke a window in the rear and a piece of compo-board was then nailed over this, and the robbers had to but push the board off and make an entrance. They crawled in here and unlocked the door and had things very handy. There was a few dollars in the cash register, but this was not touched.
The robbers made their getaway and no trace of them has been found up to now, although they have some idea as to where the clothes have gone. These clothes have gone through the fire and will smell of smoke for some time yet, and ought to be detected soon.
This is the second time this store has been broken into, but on the former occasion only a few dollars that was kept for change was taken.—O’Neil Frontier
The Telegraph (Sidney, NE) Friday, February 13th, 1925